Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Mishap

This is a true reaction - this is not staged. I never knew what a disgusting sound a turkey made when you took its bag of guts out. SO GROSS. And then you have to do it again for the neck bag. After I got over my initial disgust, I decided I kind of liked him so I took a picture with it smiling. Then we decided to try and make our brine. We got this big ziplock turkey roasting bag and started filling it with water. At around 30 cups - I let go of the bag (not realizing that I was actually holding part of the water in) and it went EVERYWHERE! All over the stove, the floor, the cat food, my camera!!!! and ME!! Patrick helped me clean all of the nasty turkey water off everything and disinfect everything. Then we just added the salt and sugar to the remaining water and called it a brine. It's now in the fridge. My turkey's name is ShitDick. Happy Thanksgiving!