Monday, November 3, 2008

Zwei Swans

Today I went to Bloomington (just south of Minneapolis) to meet with an I/O consultant who is coaching me. Basically, I was given a scholarship to receive career coaching that executives usually pay thousands of dollars for. It's supposed to identify your strengths and limitations and to help you figure out what you want to do with you life and how to do it. I took a bunch of assessments (personality, cognitive ability) and then today I did a video-taped simulation and structured interview. It's actually pretty cool. Also, the office building is in a really beautiful place. I went outside after my session and tried to feed the swans. They both came over, but did not eat my bread. I guess they just liked me. Also, it was in the seventies today! Are we really in Minnesota in November?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think they probably just liked you!